4.1 fill in the blank 16

Please help!

I have been at this for three days and it keeps saying my answer is incorrect. I am on the verge of tears

number1 = int(input("Enter the starting number: "))
number2 = int(input("Enter the next number: "))
the_sum=(number1+number2)
print (the_sum)

Hi Shesha,

It does look like you have the overall solution, but do you have the right pieces in the right blanks? Look closely that what you have written here and then back on Stepik, find what is actually missing in the blanks, it’s often just a piece of each line of code.

Thanks for your response. I input the code the exact same way and I’m still getting “incorrect”. Idk what to do

Got it working now. Thanks!

My code is as follows:

number1 = int(input("Enter first number: ")
number2 = int(input("Enter second number: ")
the_sum = (number1 + number2)
print(total)

I’ve tried about 30 times and still shows up Error

Type your code below this line

number1 = int(input("Enter the first number: "))

number2 = int(input("Enter the second number: "))

the_sum = number1 + number2

print(“The sum of the two numbers is:”, the_sum)

What’s the error you are getting?

Capture

Thank you! This is what I am seeing

Ah, I think the final line does not need the whole message, just something that prints the variable for the sum? Generally, your code looks good to me. Maybe try taking the text part out of the last line.

Thank you for your response! @Mystified13 I tried again and it gives me the same error. Im not sure where to go from here. Ive tried multiple times same issue. image

Maybe they are looking for partial answers? Like, it looks like the second link could just be int ?

THANK YOU!!!
That was the problem thank you so much for taking the time to stear me in the right direction.

You are welcome. I was glad to help.

I’m having a bit of a problem with my code for this question.

can anyone help?

number1 = int( input (“Enter the first number:”))

number2 = int(input (“Enter the second number:”))

the_sum = number1 + number2

print ( the_sum)

It looks good to me, Ms. Gibson. Maybe make sure that you are only entering what you need to on the lines?

OMG!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! I tried so many times and it was my not simply entering the part of the answer that was missing!!! Welcome to coding!!! It felt so great seeing this:
I just had to throw both my fists up in triumph!!!

For sure glad that that helped folks out.