4.1 last fill in the blank question

module-4

Fill in the missing information from the statements below so that the entire code block fulfills the program requirements from the last step and prints the desired output. You only need to supply the parts of each statement that are not shown below.

I’m stuck on this question and unsure how to proceed as a total novice at coding… I was able to input in the editor but I’m unclear how exactly the answer should be entered in the question with the text on the side of the box with the parenthesis. I’m completely lost and unsure what part of the question I’m getting right or wrong. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

The first two parts of this question show you the missing parts of each other.
These are both variable that a user will input later.
The third part you provide the value of the variable “the_sum”.
The last part you provide what to print. “prints that sum to the shell” is from the instructions on the code exercise.
Hopefully this helps without giving too much away.

you are amazing thank you

So far my answer looks like this:

number1 = int(“3:”))
number2 = (input(“5:”))
the_sum = 8
print( number1 + number2)

Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m using windows.

Thanks!

R-b_b said "The first two parts of this question show you the missing parts of each other. These are both variable that a user will input later. The third part you provide the value of the variable “the_sum”. The last part you provide what to print. “prints that sum to the shell” "

So in the 1st & 2nd blank you are trying to make them input statements. And they need to be int values. So number1 = int(input(“what the 1st numbers.”))
The second should look like this as well, of course it well use the number2 variable.

Next you will tell the program how to calculate the_sum.
the_sum = number1 + number2

Last you need to print the_sum.

Hope this helps.