Assignment 2 modules?

Every time I run the code, I get a massive amount of code that does not really make sense and I am not sure if it is supposed to be there. I am receiving a lot of messages about the node program and npm. Is this supposed to be in the code or am I missing something?

I am also receiving issues on the .toUpperCase(); it says that it is not able to understand undefined. I am having trouble understanding where the code is going wrong.

Does your massive code look anything like below? I haven’t started the real coding yet.
Upon my 1st run (without doing anything per instructions) my program printed all below messages to console prior to correct message: “Let’s play … word:” - I haven’t received reply when I asked in another thread (called Assignment 2 Scrabble scorer.js) : do I need to do the repl.it Shell npm install command communicated in Assignment #1 troubleshooting?
Console output when run 1st time - this is the best cut/paste I could figure out.
 npm i && node program
[…] | rollbackFailedOptional: verb npm-ses[ …] | preinstall:scrabble-scorer: info lif[ …] | preinstall:scrabble-scorer: info lif[ …] \ loadDep:readline-sync: sill install [ …] | diffTrees: sill install generateActi[ …] - postinstall: sill install executeActnpm WARN scrabble-scorer@1.0.0 No repository field.

[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-scoaudited 14 packages in 0.907s

1 package is looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

Let’s play some scrabble! Enter a word:

Yep that is the code that is coming up before everything. I was just curious if anyone else had the same output. I have managed to figure out the other issues I have had as well.

yes that is what I get. IDK why it needs to load all the above every time I run my console but it does. So long as you see the output ‘Let’s play some …’ I wouldn’t be too worried.
It seems to be installing a lot of packages every time we run it…

So I was just curious if anyone has any tips on how to find the index of a string. I managed to split the string into an array and remove the ‘a’ vowel, but I have not managed to remove any other vowel in the array. Do I need to use a for loop to go through the rest of the array?

@miclamb241 - I believe there is a string (v. array) method called indexof
Assignment #2 states:
“You have ALL the tools you need to complete the assignment after Week 3B, but you can begin parts of it after Week 2A!
But… I stopped further work on Assignment#2 (while doing Week 3 assignments) because it appears I need to read/do thru next Week 4a CH12 Objects (in addition to complete Week 3B work per instructions as planned) before I can understand what to do for Assignment #2.
I believe the instructions may NOT be accurate.
@Clark - Can LC Admin confirm - is the invitation link in Assignment #2 the appropriate link? If so, and if possible, please change the lead page instructions to reflect proper readings, ex’s, studios work required to complete it. Like @rlp390 - I believe this could save a lot of students time and help with our time management. If I am misinterpreting something, please let us know.