Assignment 2 Scrabble-scorer.js

I received the following error message when I run the code for Assignment 2. I have not updated the code. The instruction stated to run the code to see: Hit the repl.it run button initially and you’ll see a message printed to the console:

node program
Let’s play some Scrabble! Enter a word:

Instead I received: Hit the repl.it run button initially and you’ll see a message printed to the console:

node program

Hit the repl.it run button initially and you’ll see a message printed to the console:

node program

Not sure how I can get past this to do the assignment.

They are testing your troubleshooting to start it off. Typos can cause your code to not function.

Hint: npde != node

1 Like

Admin here - rlp390 is correct, that is a typo in the starter code.

You have two options:

1. Open the .replit file in your starter code and update the run command to say the following: run = “npm i && node program”
  2. Go into learn.launchcode.org, accept the assignment invitation again, and work it instead, deleting the repl.it and github repo associated with this version of the assignment (the new version you should accept is v2.) Once students have forked off the existing assignment, any updates to the starter code we push are not reflected in your github repositories.

1 Like

same as you both as well.

@Clark - Upon 1st run (didn’t have @Allenk .replit file npde problem) program printed all below messages to console prior to correct message: “Let’s play … word:” - do I need to do the repl.it Shell npm install command communicated in Assignment #1 troubleshooting?
Console - this is the best cut/paste I could figure out.
 npm i && node program
[…] | rollbackFailedOptional: verb npm-ses[ …] | preinstall:scrabble-scorer: info lif[ …] | preinstall:scrabble-scorer: info lif[ …] \ loadDep:readline-sync: sill install [ …] | diffTrees: sill install generateActi[ …] - postinstall: sill install executeActnpm WARN scrabble-scorer@1.0.0 No repository field.

[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-sco[ …] | prepare:assignment-2-v2-scrabble-scoaudited 14 packages in 0.907s

1 package is looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

Let’s play some scrabble! Enter a word:

I am getting the same error messages as @Meeranair

At first, I was able to work through the 1st portion of the assignment before this happened. Now, I have tried deleting the replit and checking the npm i && nod program line with no success. I had been staring at the ‘cannot .toUpperCase()’ of undefined for the past couple of days trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Please advise

I just came upon the same issue after I had it working in the beginning. It was after I worked on the scorerPrompt that I received this message.