Assignment 4: don't know how to set up the mysql server

i have no clue what i’m doing with how to connect to the mysql workbench. I’ve been banging my head on this over the weekend and I’ve gotten nowhere on this. I’ve watched the tutorial video, Java Coding Events 4.1 Database Configuration - YouTube but because that’s on a mac, it looks completely different to what I have on my screen so it’s hard for me to figure out where to click.

So I went through it again, realized i didn’t install the server part of the sql workbench so I uninstalled everything and did a full install of both the client and server. Tested task one test and that passed so i tried running bootrun and got this,

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: default] Unable to build Hibernate SessionFactory; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to open JDBC Connection for DDL execution

1 Like

After 4-5 attempts, I think i got it working. Not exactly sure how i got working but I think after my 4th/5th attempt of reinstalling MYSQL, i made sure my root password was the same as the username for Techjobs and when i reconfigured the db connection, I switched the root username to the techjob username