Chapter 3 graded assignment (thermostat problem)

Hi!

Is anyone else working on the Weekly Graded assignment at the end of Chapter 3 about the thermostat degrees? Are they looking for a single formula for all or for individual calculations for each “click”? Does anyone know what _type_of question this is or what they’re asking for? I think it’s related to #2 about the directional spins… maybe… :confused:

Thanks!

Lauren Nicole

1 Like

They are looking for ranges and there are a “few” to cover all user inputs. Think boolean, then “if” you jump to chapter 6 you might get more help.

1 Like

Yes, single formula which works for all the given input values. I would say, if you work on Output 200, u will be able to find the solution for the whole problem

1 Like

any idea where or how to submit the prep work. i submitted the chapter3 assignment under grades section, in a window called Vocareum and the grading says 0. program runs fine with the given inputs and yields the desired output.

Are you trying to turn in the Weekly Graded assignment at the end of Chapter 3 exercises about the thermostat? I don’t think we actually submit that one to the teacher, just “mark as completed”. When I look at the Grades tab, the first graded assignment for Chapter 3 isn’t due until the 22nd and it’s the first one that actually says “out of 1”, not “out of 0” like the other prep work. I don’t think we’ve actually been assigned the work yet…

1 Like

Thanks for the hint Scott!!

Thanks Sangeethasrani!

thank you. though the program runs fine and yields the desired output, i think i misread the actual question. So i modified the program(chapter 3 assignment) a little bit and re-submitted the same. Lets see…

1 Like

Vocareum, will be where we turn in the actual assisgnment. The assignments will be exactly the “Weekly Graded” question that is at the bottom of each exercise page hit the “Save Code” button. So once you work it out you can copy and paste the working code in Vocareum.

Thanks for explaining…my submission worked!

2 Likes

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Thank you. When i submitted last time, with in few minutes i got the grade as 0. So went through the assignment question once again and modified as required and re-submitted it again. And still the grade says 0, What does it mean? the assignment has already been graded and score will remain 0 irrespective of tries?

1 Like

Yeah, I think it will all be made clear in class. For now, it’s just the Prep work for 1.1 and the exercise questions after the reading that we have to do. I am worried that if I try to get too far ahead, I will just make it harder for myself.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Hey I’m having the same problem with the weekly graded assignment

Is your question about the formula for the assignment or about how to submit it?

Working hard on this coding problem. Thanks for the hint Scott. I have gotten good results on a few answers but I do not have the same formula for all.
I’ll be at mentor center tomorrow, look forward to it. :grin:

1 Like

Bryan, check out this article
https://worthwhile.com/blog/2016/07/19/django-python-advantages/

2 Likes

both the assignments graded 1 for me. since it is an automated grading system, it looks for the exact indentations, space and such. i had left an extra space in one of the print statements and it was grading me out 0, irrespective of the result. and it seems that we have to use the inputs given in the assignments, and no modifications should be done to that as well.

I’ve been having problems with this assignment. I asked my friends if everything looked right, they said it did. My numbers come out way different from the expected output. Any tips or person willing to group up to help me?

Try thinking this way: create a variable, assign a math formula to the variable, then print the variable. Check out the page on operators and see if you can apply one in this case.

1 Like