Chapter 3 Thermostat Problem

I am completely stumped on this graded assignment and stressed with class starting tomorrow. Just not sure how to start? Is anyone else working on this or who can help?

This thread helped me figure out how to solve this. Let me know if it helps!

This is one that will push you, but there’s nothing in it that we haven’t covered in Discovery.

What do you have so far? What have you tried that doesn’t work? What errors are you getting? Take one simple step that you already know, and then test that.

I can tell you that there is a certain value that comes into play only in selected situations, and you have to use an operator that you already know to remove that value. If you use that operator correctly it will leave a remainder that always falls inside the range of 40 - 89.

I know this is pretty vague, and I’m willing to help more, but let’s see what you can do with it first.

Don’t.Give.Up.

A single formula works, but you will have to put the correct click variable value in it for each test. In other words, every statement looks essentially the same, but each one uses its own click variable value.

Additionally, the formulae have to work for each individual click-- ie they do not have to pertain if one click happens, THEN another, THEN another, and so forth cumulatively.

Thanks for this answer… I was assuming the operations had to be sequential and as such my answers weren’t matching the posted answers. Had an ‘off by one’ issue that was maddening.

Sure! I had the same issue. Unless you break the formulae into separate dials, there is no way to get the correct answer.

Thank you all for sharing. I feel I am closer but still struggling. I know the operator to use but can’t get it. I guess I just need to review. Ugh! Ha!

Is anyone still stumped? I might be able to help.

I was able to figure it out at class last night. But thank you.