Joining the launch code! please advice

Hi to all this wonderful community,

My name is Lina and I am so excited that I found this great community to support me through my learning journey of coding. I would really appreciate it if you can help me how can I apply to the LaunchCode program? can I have access to the courses? how should I prepare myself before joining?

Thanks again.

-Lina

1 Like

Hi Lina!

If you live in St. Louis or Kansas City, you can apply for our courses on our website. The best place to start is on our Get Started page. We don’t currently offer programs regularly in other areas.

I recommend that you sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of any page on our site. Then you’ll receive updates when new classes are accepting applications.

Hi Lina,

I am also not near a location to go and study Coding in person. I went to LaunchCode.org online and after taking a brief assessment to see where my skills are regarding Coding (I have none :laughing:), I was able to get started in the learning modules online. I only recently started, but have already learned some interesting information and study habit tips. I’m really looking forward to digging into the meat and potatoes, as they say!

All the best with your coding endeavors, Lina!!
Linda

Hi Chris,
Thank you so much for getting back to my questions.
Yes, I will be around Kansas City, are you offering classes in person now or online?

Hi Linda,
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I just started teaching myself some HTML and CSS, but I do not think those are programming languages.
I would love to join the LaunchCode program, there are a lot of amazing stories of people who went through the LaunchCode program.

I have a biology degree, and I would love to learn to code.

Our classes are all currently remote, due to COVID-19 concerns.