Need help with setting up Java/IntelliJ on Fedora

I am stuck at a wall at the beginning of Unit 2 / Java on LC101 Independent Track. When I check my Java version in the terminal I get

“openjdk version “11.0.10” 2021-01-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.10+9)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.10+9, mixed mode, sharing)”

so I know that I have Java installed on my computer, I also figured out how to install intelliJ via Youtube but I can not seem to get intelliJ to use the Java that I have installed. Even the initial HelloWorld.java program that I made in VSCode at the beginning of the chapter worked in the terminal so I know I’m not at a total loss here on using Java but I just can’t get it to work in intelliJ

In attempting to setup the home directory I’ve searched in the terminal with whichjava and get “/usr/bin/java” but it won’t let me use that at as a home directory in the IDE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to Linux distributions in general and I am at a total loss here.

I also followed the intelliJ support instructions under “Selecting the JDK version the IDE will run under” and the IDE just told me that it failed.

Good Morning, You say you watched youtube videos on IntelliJ, was it the video I put on the slack channel? If not here are the video links. If this didn’t help let me know.

Why Learn Java

Setup For Java (Window Users)

Your First Java Project

Java Web Dev Excercises

Java Naming Conventions

The problem I’m having is in my Fedora OS. The Java Version I have installed already will not interact with my intelliJ program. I’ve even tried adding SDK and dragging the source file for the Java I have and it doesn’t respond at all and if I manually type in the path it says it is not a valid path.

Have you tried this Install IDEA Community on Fedora using the Snap Store | Snapcraft